Friday 25 October 2013

The final verdict







I sat there all alone in my favourite corner of 15 years, looking at the newly painted wall with desolate eyes.  These 15 years I had brought a smile to their lips.  But, since the past few months I was often sick. The Doctor had attended. But just two days back the final verdict was pronounced. I knew it was my last day here.


I wondered what was in store for me. Whether I would live through another or would end up as scrap. They were getting ready to throw me out and bring in a brand new Sony Bravia. 






Image courtesy of Salvatore Vuono / FreeDigitalPhotos.net


The above is based on a prompt on  Write Tribe’s “100 words on Saturday.”
The prompt was - “I knew it was my last day there”


No comments :

Post a Comment

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com