Tuesday 5 August 2014

Age old wisdom




Rubbing eyes, I look at the computer screen. The letters are hazy. Picking up my bag I head for the ophthalmologist’s. There are several others there before me.

I stifle a yawn. The wait is long.  I doze off.

A woman of 90+ with sparkling bright eyes my grandmother, pours two drop of thick dark liquid in each eye, from a bottle. The label read ‘Elaneer kuzhambu’ Dark tears rolling down cheeks she says, “Use this daily. You won't  need specs.” 


Suddenly I hear my name called. I wake up with a start. I wish I had heeded grandma’s advice.

***************************************************************************

A drabble inspired by the prompt' My grandmother said' on Write Tribe
Many heads, many ideas. Creativity at its best. Come explore here.


***************************************************************************

Let me know you've been here. Do drop a few words/ sentences in the comments section below.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com