Sunday 31 August 2014

Wheel of Time



Image Courtesy: Rijksdienst voor het Cultureel Erfgoed 
Taken from : Wiki Commons



“Acchoo…., Achoo…”

The rat wrinkled his nose.

 “Yuck! Dusty and musty.” He turned to leave. A sound caught his ears.

“Sob…..!”

Something creaked.

“Hello my dear old friend, my guardian. Why cry?” The old table asked, its skin peeling off with each word.

Look at me.  Till a few years back these very rats used to envy my beauty.  See today I am a wreck,” the wall sobbed.

“This, my friend is life. Our time is come. Yesterday was ours. Today is his. Tomorrow will be some others,” the table consoled.

“Sigh!”

A piece of plaster fell. The rat ducked.


*******************************************************************************************************************


Inspired by the photo prompt given above as well as the quote

True is it that we have seen better days.
(As You Like It, Shakespeare)

at


as well as the weekly prompt 

at








No comments :

Post a Comment

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com